Saturday, February 8, 2014

That Time I Picked Up a Book

I, for one, am not exactly an avid reader. I'm usually one of those people who says they're going to read this "insanely amazing book", but ends up putting off for well...ever. 

But I guess there's an exception to all usual things, right? Well here's my exception: The Fault in Our Stars by John Green.



This book, took me on a roller coaster of - for lack of a better word - feels. Now I'm not going to go on an entire synopsis or symbolic evaluation of the book, I just simply wanted to say that I'm glad I spent the last couple days glued to my iPad and lost quite a few hours of sleep reading it. I fell in love with every single one of the characters, even Peter Van Houten eventually. 

Basically my reasoning behind finally reading this book, no matter how long it took me, was the release of The Fault in Our Stars trailer (and my two best friends Sydney and Tiffanie lol). Then I figured that it was about time to join the bandwagon and see how amazing this book really is, and it was. 


And now, all I've got left to say is that I have high expectations for this movie and I'm so excited to see how each and every one of the characters are portrayed. I'm particularly interested in how Shailene Woodley (previously from Secret Life of an American Teenager) plays the headstrong Hazel Grace Lancester, seeing that since her work on Secret Life, she hasn't done much until Divergent. I'm also excited to see (the now super attractive) Nat Woff play Isaac, which is definitely one of my favorite characters. 

Well, until June 6th, all there's left to do, is wait...somewhat patiently.



No comments :

Post a Comment